MBPAPA Membership Information
Membership LevelsTo inspire the broadest participation in this organization, MBPAPA has four membership levels:
- Associate Artist
- Signature Artist
New Membership Application Form
Please download and print your member information details in the membership application/waiver forms.
Membership Application - PDF
New members can send a completed copy of their application and waiver to the Membership Chair or, if not paying by PayPal, can mail the printed form to MBPAPA, c/o Donna Robbins, 14 El Caminito Del Sur, Monterey, CA 93940, along with their check.
Associate Artist Membership
- Must be a practicing "serious" plein air artist.
- Must live and or create plein air artwork in the Monterey Bay Area.
- Must produce plein air artwork inspired by the region. This work may include any visual arts medium that can be produced in a plein air manner.
- Must pay annual dues and should participate on one or more working committees if possible.
Signature Artist Membership
- Must first fulfill all criteria for Associate Artist Membership, and be juried in by the Signature Artists during the annual Signature Status Application period. Ten hours of volunteer service are required for Signature Member status.
- Signature Artists status confers honor and recognition of the artist's stature and accomplishment.
- Signature Artists are eligible to participate in the MBPAPA Signature Artists shows.
- Signature Artists are recognized on the MBPAPA website.
Sponsoring Membership (non-voting)
- Businesses or individuals who wish to support the organization and its membership.
- Sponsoring members are welcome at all MBPAPA meetings and functions, but are not required to volunteer on a working committee.
- Sponsoring members will receive acknowledgement in MBPAPA publications.
Patron membership (non-voting)
Anyone who wishes to support and participate in the organization, but does not meet the above criteria. Click here to read more on the benefits of Patron Membership. Patron members must pay annual dues, and participate on or more working committees.
Member Information Changes
If you need to update your member information or are not getting google group emails, click here to send email promptly to the Membership Chairperson.
MBPAPA Facebook Group
MBPAPA maintains a MBPAPA Facebook Group, which is set to private. That is, all messages and images posted are visible only to members of the MBPAPA Facebook Group. If you would like to join this group, send a Facebook friend request (from Facebook) to Usana Weaver then ask to join the group.
Annual Dues and Renewals
Select a membership level and click on button to pay via Paypal, or send a check to the address below. New members must also send a completed application.
Renewals are due and payable on or before 1 Jan. New members joining after 1 Sept are considered paid for the following year.
Pay Dues with Paypal
Artist Memberships - Associate ($45) and Signature ($85 - New members must join at the Associate Artist level)
Pay Dues with Check
Please make check payable to the Monterey Bay Plein Air Painters Association
Mail check (along with a completed application form if new member) to:
MBPAPA Membership Secretary
c/o Donna Robbins
14 El Caminito del Sur
Monterey, CA 93940